Anniversary favor ideas are many. Whether it is the 25th anniversary and you need silver anniversary favors, or the 50th anniversary and you need gold anniversary favors, you have a wealth of possibilities.
Silver Anniversary Favor Ideas
Silver anniversary favors are the more popular of the two, especially since divorce so frequently enters in before the 50th anniversary is reached. Even a 25th anniversary is less common than it once was.
Still, silver anniversaries are celebrated often, and anniversary favor ideas are needed for each one.
When you begin looking for silver anniversary favor ideas, you will find many, such as the following.
- Elegant Silver Wedding Frame Anniversary Favors: Wedding frame favors have a long tradition behind them. They also come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and prices. If your reception will host 100 or more guests, silver wedding frame favors at less than $1 each would be an affordable anniversary favor idea.
- Silver Coaster Anniversary Favors: Silver coasters are another good anniversary favor idea for the 25th anniversary reception. Any engraved anniversary favor is special. Coasters are both practical and special.
- Silver Candle Holder Anniversary Favors: Carry the silver anniversary theme with candle holders for each guest. Mini candle holders can echo the beauty of large candle holders used in a centerpiece. These anniversary favors may hold tea lights, votive candles, or tapers.
- Silver Mint Tin Anniversary Favors: Among my favorite anniversary favor ideas are small silver mint tins. These are practical anniversary favors that your guests can carry in a pocket or handbag. Fill them with small mints for your reception. They may be left plain or engraved with the couples names and anniversary date.
- Unique Silver Anniversary Favor Ideas: If you are creative, you can craft unique anniversary favors for the occasion. A mini silver anniversary CD will be different from any other couple’s anniversary favor. So will iris bulbs, with a note reminding guests that the iris is the flower of the 25th anniversary.
Golden Anniversary Favor Ideas
Golden anniversary favors are becoming a rarity in the U.S., although golden anniversaries themselves were once more common. Now, people marvel at those who attain a milestone of 50 years together.
If you are looking for golden anniversary favor ideas, choices will be more limited, but you still have a number of anniversary favor ideas from which to choose. You can use regular wedding favors if they can be printed, etched, or engraved in gold. These examples may help.
- Glass Candle Holder Anniversary Favors: Clear or frosted glass votive candle holders can be printed with a design such as gold bells or hearts, and 2 or 3 lines of text in gold. Print the names, wedding date, and anniversary date. Add a white votive candle.
- Coaster Anniversary Favors: Of all the anniversary favor ideas for a golden anniversary, these may be most popular. Inexpensive paper coasters can be printed in gold lettering. Gold tone coasters can be purchased inexpensively. Glass coasters can be printed in gold.
- Pillar Candle Anniversary Favors: A beautiful white pillar candle can be tied with a gold foil ribbon for a simple, but elegant golden anniversary favor.
- Personalized Wedding Favor Boxes: Simple anniversary favors can be made by purchasing a supply of wedding favor boxes or mini bags. These can be gold tone boxes, or white boxes imprinted in gold. Fill with candy or a treat.
- Unique Golden Anniversary Favor Ideas: As with the silver anniversary favors, a creative person can craft unique anniversary favors for the golden wedding anniversary. A mini anniversary CD burned on a gold tone disc will be unique. Burn photos of a lifetime, or music of the wedding era. Packets of flower seed are nice, especially if the plants will bloom in shades of gold. You might also give packets of violet seeds, or a miniature African violet, with a note telling guests that the flower for the golden anniversary is a violet.
The best anniversary favor ideas are those that express the love of the specific couple for whom the reception is being held. Think about them. Think about their life together. If something stands out, use the idea for anniversary favors.